Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Praises, 2010

I hope you have all had a blessed Mother's Day!

1. Praise God for my dear mother who raised me, and my beautiful mother-in-law who helped shape my husband into the man he is today. I thank God for you both, and I love you!

2. Praise God for my handsome hubby, and my three fabulous sons. Tonight they prepared their annual Mother's Day Stromboli dinner for me. YUM!!

3. My mother grew up in Nashville. I spent many summer vacations there with my grandmother, and a number of Thanksgivings and Christmases there, too. We still have many relatives and family friends who live there, and by the grace of God, everyone made it through the devestating floods safely. One of my cousins said that the floodwaters washed away the insulation from underneath her house, but nothing else was damaged. Praise God! These photos were sent to my mother by another relative (although I'm not sure who took them). Our prayers are with everyone who lost their lives, their homes, and their loved ones.





















(If you haven't seen this video yet, check it out. It brought tears to my eyes.)
4. Moe, our resident zoologist, is becoming quite the nature photographer. Check out some of the pictures he took this week:


Praise God for giving my children a great love for the outdoors!
(Click here for more about the Great Outdoor Challenge!)
5. Finally, Praise God for giving us the gift of His Blessed Mother to be our Mother; and for Holy Mother Church. I thank God for leading me into the flock that is the Catholic Church.
(No, I'm not finished with that conversion story of mine yet, but I'm working on it...slowly...)

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

bookmark

Bookmark and Share

ShareThis