Friday, June 24, 2011

Last Friday...

I had some errands to run and Moe went with me. We stopped to say hello to the waterfowl who live in and around two drainage ponds, tucked away between an Outback Steak House and a bank.

We can't for the life of us figure out what this is. There are several of these here. At first we thought it was a baby heron, but it seems to be something else entirely.


*UPDATE* Thanks to my friend Nora, I found out that this is a green heron. I'd never heard of them until today.


Soon there will be blackberries. We'll come by and sneak some.


We haven't seen very many ducks or geese around our little lake recently, so it was nice to stop and watch these for a while.










This one looked a little lonely sitting all by itself.
Pretty soon it ran off and joined its mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

bookmark

Bookmark and Share

ShareThis