Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Dazed and Confused--it's no wonder we keep going around in circles

Watch this video, and then CLICK HERE too see what Patrick Madrid has to say about it.

It's things like this (who's spewing hate-filled rhetoric??) that make it more difficult to defend the truths of the Catholic faith. I'm sure the person who made this means well, and hopefullly his (or her?) intention is to lead people to Christ. What he and others like him don't realize is that by leading others away from the Catholic Church, they are leading them farther from Christ.

I picked up a book recently called Handbook of Catholic Apologetics by Peter Kreeft and Ronald K. Tacelli. I hope it will be a good reference for me when those tough questions come up in my conversations with non-Catholics. I am thankful for people like Peter Kreeft, Patrick Madrid, Scott Hahn, Thomas Howard, and others who speak the truth and encourage seekers like me to learn more about my Faith and give me courage to share it with others.

I will pray for this person, and for all others who, because of their ignorance and misconceptions about the Church, lead others into confusion, however unintentionally.

2 comments:

  1. This is very sad. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, such folks require much prayer. I have recently run into such a person INSIDE the Catholic church -- pushing people away from the faith in the name of serving God. It has been quite distressful for me and others who have to interact with him within our spiritual cricle.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

bookmark

Bookmark and Share

ShareThis