Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Random Thoughts #3: Surprises, Schools, and Stooges

1. A Surprise in the Mail

I have several dishrags that look like this:


The other day when I went to my mailbox, I discovered a package from Evy. A while back she had a contest on her blog, and I was one of the lucky winners! I have already been blessed with one of Evy's creations; a lovely pair of socks that I won in her 200th post giveaway. What did I win this time, you ask? These:

A pair of cute handmade dish cloths! A very timely gift, I must say; every time I'm heading to Target I make a mental note to pick up some new ones, but I always forget. They're almost too pretty to use, but I will. It will make the mundane task of washing dishes that much more enjoyable. Thanks my bloggy friend! :)

2. Catholic School!

On Monday, our three sons started a new school year at a new school. For the last several years, they have attended a FABULOUS Montessori school, and I even worked there part-time as a teaching assistant. We've been toying with the idea of sending them to Catholic school for some time now, and this year we finally decided to make the leap. So far so good; they miss their old school ("Mom, when can we go back and visit?") but so far they seem to be adjusting well to the new routine. For the first time, they have homework assignments that they must complete each night; in the past, they sometimes had projects to complete that were due at the end of the month, or some other time in the (perceived) distant future, but they have never had to complete daily homework assignments. I am happy to say they like their teachers and are making friends! Right now I'm working on getting together the paperwork that's required for substitute teaching there.

3. New nicknames

If you read my blog regularly, you know that I don't use my kids' names or post their photos. I've been trying to come up with nicknames that I can use consistently for each one, and I made my decision recently when they were watching a Three Stooges DVD: Larry, Curly, and Moe. Larry will be my oldest son's blog name, Curly for the middle one (fits him perfectly; he has handsome curly locks that to his dismay must be kept cut short), and Moe will be the youngest. I'll use these names for my boys from now on, at least until I come up with better ones.

I have a few other random thoughts somewhere in my tired brain; I'll share those another time when I'm more alert. If I can remember them. Time for sleep!

1 comment:

  1. love the new nicknames. My husband loves the Three stoogers so I think he will get a laugh out of this.

    Congratulations on winning the dishcloths. I got a bag from Evy that I have to make sure my 12 year old daughter isn't using because it is such a great bag.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

bookmark

Bookmark and Share

ShareThis