Sunday, October 16, 2011

Random Nuttiness Regarding Birthdays and Persons of Interest


I don't like to reveal too many details about myself and my family on my public site, so I apologize for the vagueness in this post.

I was thinking about something this morning.

I have a strange knack for remembering the birthdays of famous (and even not-so-famous) people. They're not hard to remember, actually, because often times they correspond to birthdays of people I know, or important dates in history (I'll always remember that Harry Connick, Jr.'s birthday is September 11) and such like. For instance, if someone in my family was born the same day as Sandra Bullock (which is true), then I'll easily remember her birthday. I have another family member born the same day as Wynona Ryder; another shares a birth date with Julia Roberts. There is even one celebrity whose date of birth is the same as the date of my parents' wedding. I get a kick out of things like that for some reason.

Yesterday I ran across this video of Lino Rulli, the host of the Catholic Guy Show on Sirius/XM's The Catholic Channel. (By the way, have you read his memoir, Sinner, yet? You should.) I noticed that Lino's hair is turning gray, and fast. Which, by the way, is quite becoming on Lino; the gray around his temples (not to mention the hairline that is starting to recede) gives the boyishly handsome radio host a dignified, mature look. Now, Lino is only a few days older than a certain younger relative of mine who is about to turn forty. This relative's hair isn't turning gray yet, but it's only a matter of time until it does, and then I'll REALLY feel old.

And then last night we were catching up on our new favorite TV show, Person of Interest, starring Jim Caviezel. You know, the one who played Jesus in The Passion of the Christ a few years back. Anyway, I noticed that Jim's hair is the same color as Lino's. Great, I thought; someone else who is younger than me with graying hair. (I should talk. Every time I look in the mirror I'm reminded that it's time to make another appointment to have my hair colored.)

This morning I realized something else. I was born (and I'll admit I'm a little reluctant to even share this much about myself) sometime around Christmas of 1967, give or take. Mid to late December-ish. Jim Caviezel was born on the 26th of September, 1968, roughly nine months later. So, theoretically, Caviezel could have been conceived the day I was born. Which has absolutely nothing to do with anything, but the thought makes me smile.

And by the way, I don't know of any celebrities who were born the exact same day as I was; but Cuba Gooding, Jr. is the one--as far as I know--who is the closest in age as me. Another bit of useless trivia you didn't need to know.

I'm thinking of changing the title of my blog to "Ramblings of a Catholic Fruitcake," or something along those lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

bookmark

Bookmark and Share

ShareThis