Monday, September 6, 2010

Get Thee To the Woods, Vol. 13: Labor Day and a New Blog preview!

Moe discovered if you put bread on the end of a stick, you can make a makeshift fishing rod. Who needs fishing line when you've got this?


Hubby says if I had a polarized light filter or some such high-tech device, I could take better pictures of fish.

I'm almost ready to launch my new blog, and yesterday we invited our neighbors to the house to help celebrate my first project. Here's a preview of what you might see in my first post:









Like I have time to keep up with the one blog I have, especially now that school is starting. I hope to get that up and running by the end of the week, although it might not be until the weekend. I've got some Catholic-y things on my mind I'm itching to share with you here as well; I hope I'll have a chance to do that this week with all the tasks I need to do for work and for home.


Here's a Labor Day prayer to begin your day:



Creator God,
thank you for providing us
with the gift to share our talents.

Provide our community, our nation, our world
the fortitude to provide work for all
which is decent and fair.

Make us faithful stewards
of your creation
to enhance the human dignity
of our global family.

We ask this in the name of Jesus,
who lives and reigns
with you and the Holy Spirit
now and forever.

Amen (
Source: USCCB)

Saint Joseph the Worker, Pray for Us!


(AND, this blog post took less than 30 minutes! I'm getting pretty good at this! Of course, I edited all the photos last night...does that still count?)

2 comments:

  1. Great job with the post, you really have a talent with photography! I love all of those beautiful vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mary! I don't do much with my photos except post them on the internet, LOL! This year I have to make memory books for all my preschoolers (scrapbooks with their pictures, artwork, etc). Guess this will be my chance to try something new to do with photos! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

bookmark

Bookmark and Share

ShareThis